St. Rapahel’s School, Indore:
St. Raphael’s School is the dream child of Fr. Rafael OFM Capuchin who was the parish priest of Indore from 1912 to 1925. The credit for starting the School goes to Fr. D’Silva a scholarly diocesan priest who took up the parish after the death of Fr. Rafael in 1925. The school began with four students in the campus where the present school building stands. The primary school building was built in 1928 and was named St. Raphael to keep alive the name of late Fr. Rafael. Sr. Vincent SMA was appointed as academic in charge to run the School. In 1933 Fr. George SVD and Fr. Zimmermann SVD took over the responsibility of running the school. Fr. Geroge was the first Principal of the School.
The arrival of SSpS in the year 1933 gave a new impetus to the school. On 15th Jan 1936 Srs. Theodemara and Wildina were entrusted with the administrative responsibilities. Sr. Theodemara was the headmistress of the school consisting of four classes and 101 students. In 1941 the school reached upto 10th standard with 450 students.
In the year 1948, the administrative of the school was fully given to SSpS sisters. Sr. Ann SSpS was appointed as the first principal of the school. In the year 1962 Sr. Hermalanda, a German national became the principal. The auspicious year of Golden Jubilee was celebrated in the year 1978, at this time Sr. Mary Leonie took over as Principal. In 1983 Sr. Gonzala stepped in as the new Principal of the school. In 1990 Sr. Pauline Perera served for two years as the Principal of the school.