Nirmala Convent School Rajkot:
Rajkot had been a princely state and only those who were lucky to be born in royal families had the luxury of receiving good education. Nirmala Convent School in Rajkot was started in 1963 with less than 200 students. It was run by the Sisters of the Society of Christ Jesus, Pune; who now wanted to give over the management and the running of the school with the strength of 1800 students to the SSpS. April 1st 1985 SSpS sisters took over the School officially. The School celebrated its Silver Jubilee in the year 1988. In 1990 Sr. Rita Thalakottam took over as the principal of the School.
Nirmala Convent School from its humble beginning has grown into large educational tree giving its shade to thousands of young girls preparing them to take up their place in this fast changing society. By the year 1994 the school had grown into a large institution with two English medium sections and one Gujarati section. The students are taught to take interest in the literacy campaign.
The School has continued to grow by leaps and bounds both in academics along with other activities and in infrastructure over the years and has come to occupy a prominent place among other schools in the city of Rajkot. Many SSpS sisters have been serving as Principals, managers, Administrators and teachers.