Hursh Vihar, Alirajpur
The history of our mission in Alirajpur goes back to the beginning of our mission in M.P. Our sisters had worked in a hospital in Alirajpur from 1937 to 1940. Due to the insufficient missionaries we could not continue there. By the time our second entry in 1993 Alirajpur had become the headquarters of Jhabua district, and part of the diocese of Indore. (Now it belongs to the Diocese of Jhabua). Around Alirajpur there were 68 villages who lacked medical facilities and the primary education was totally neglected. The fact that, after a lapse of 53 years, the Holy Spirit brought the sisters back to Alirajpur, once again, was a clear sign that this city needed the presence of the sisters.
Staying in a rented house; the sisters engaged themselves in teaching in the school opened by the Salesion Priests. In April 1995 the project of building a convent cum dispensary was signed. In March 1997 the sisters moved to the new building. The life style, work and availability of the sisters brought forth gradual change in the attitude of the people as they began to show an interest in the Bible and in the teaching of Christ.